An Initiative of the National Association of Basketball Coaches
The goal of One Nation, One Flag, One People is to encourage the college basketball community, its fans and other stakeholders to acknowledge the heroic efforts of our nations’ servicemen and women, firefighters, emergency response personnel, police officers and health care workers. It is hoped that this initiative can help all Americans unify around the values we collectively share.
1. Both teams line up along the free throw line in front of their bench area prior to player introductions to acknowledge the reading of one of the sample PSAs and the presentation of our National Anthem
Sample Public Service Announcements
- To honor those who serve our country as law enforcement officials, firefighters, first responders and military personnel, please join both schools in honoring America by standing as one nation, under one flag, and as one people for the playing of the National Anthem.
- The Declaration of Independence guaranteed Americans the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Through the sacrifice of law enforcement officials, firefighters, first responders and military personnel, our country has stood as a beacon of freedom throughout the world. Let us honor them by standing as one nation, under one flag, and as one people for the playing of our national anthem.
- As the United States of America shines as a beacon of freedom throughout the world, let us honor all of our law enforcements officials, firefighters, first responders and military personnel, who help protect our freedoms and keep us safe, by standing as one nation, under one flag, and as one people for the playing of our national anthem.
2. Please consider using the following or a variation of the following after any of the above PSAs:
- At this time we request that you please remove your hats and place your right hand over your heart, or render a salute if you are a veteran of the United States military, as we pay respect to our flag and honor America with the performance of our national anthem.
3. After our National Anthem is presented, the players and coaches shake hands with each other and depart the floor to prepare for tip-off.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
NABC Deputy Executive Director
Phone: (816) 878-6222
Email: [email protected]